Monday, February 16, 2009

Stash-onomics

All this economic talk is starting to get me down – either that or it’s watching ‘Confessions of a Shopaholic’ and realizing that I need to get serious about my finances.

So, in recognition of these tough economic times, I will commit myself to using nothing but my stash items between now and the end of the year. I will find patterns for each type of yarn in my stash and post this on my Ravelry site so that when I get bored with one thing, I can easily pick up another. This is sounding a bit ‘new-year’s resolution-y’, I know, but I really feel the pressure to be more fiscally responsible. And with President Obama’s first visit to Ottawa happening this Thursday, it seems kinda fitting that I get my financial house in order (and seeing as Obama is following me on Twitter, I feel even more pressure to live up to his expectations!).

While I’m at it, let me update you on my NYE 2009 Resolutions:

1. Finish my purple cardigan by March – ha, ha, ha!!!!! ‘Nuff said.
2. Work out 2 – 3 times a week – I’m doing this! Have a great trainer!
3. Bag my own lunch 3 – 4 times a week – Good some weeks, but overall, not great.
4. Prepare dinner at home 4 – 5 times a week – oh please…
5. Lose weight (it wouldn’t be a resolution list without it, BUT I am particularly committed to this resolution in 2009) – hmmm…will have to wait still but I’m going to step up my cardio classes once the training sessions are done.
6. Learn two new knitting stitches/techniques – I will count the use of DPNs as one new technique learned.
7. Go to a yoga class twice a month – I recently met my yoga guru at my gym and am seeing him once a week.
8. Get a massage once a month – I’ve got to get on this one!
9. Spend quality time with friends and family – trying!!!
10. Be genuine and present wherever I am and whatever I am doing – Is it wrong to say that I’m bored by some people and that maybe I shouldn’t be mentally present when I’m in their company???

On a final note, despite the rough start, Le Slouch is looking pretty good and I hope to have it finished in the next couple of weeks so I can take advantage of the crap, cold weather that is still in store.

Looking forward to President Obama's first Canadian visit, I wish you happy whatever!

No comments: