Monday, November 03, 2008

With all endings, come new beginnings

I spoke to a long-time friend this evening. Not really an amazing feat, but when you consider that I've known her since we were 12 and that I haven't spoken to her since January of this year, it's amazing that you can pick up almost where you left off. Although, picking up where you left off isn't always an amazing thing. Especially when the drop-off point wasn't the greatest.

Sigh...

Endings are always hard. They are uncomfortable. It can make your stomach hurt and distract you. But, endings always herald a new beginning and I'm going to try my hardest to let this new beginning happen as naturally as possible. I'm not going to orchestrate it or try to direct it - I'm just going to let the friendship go where it wants (and needs) to go.

'Nuff said...I'm picking up my knitting needles...

No comments: