Monday, December 29, 2008

Resolutions and challenges for 2009

I haven’t consciously made any resolutions in the last few years, but I feel inspired to make some for 2009 – the biggest influence for this decision being the BF as I have come to realize that men, despite their age, need a woman to guide them. Just ask any woman with a good man in her life how often he’ll go grocery shopping on his own (although I hear that changes once children enter the picture – thanks for the heads-up Sandi!). Men need to be lead by example – no amount of cajoling or persuading will entice the average man to change (no matter how wonderful he is) – he needs to see you commit to the change first before he’ll commit himself.

So, in no particular order, here are my resolutions for 2009:

1. Finish my purple cardigan by March.
2. Work out 2 – 3 times a week.
3. Bag my own lunch 3 – 4 times a week.
4. Prepare dinner at home 4 – 5 times a week.
5. Lose weight (it wouldn’t be a resolution list without it, BUT I am particularly committed to this resolution in 2009).
6. Learn two new knitting stitches/techniques.
7. Go to a yoga class twice a month.
8. Get a massage once a month.
9. Spend quality time with friends and family.
10. Be genuine and present wherever I am and whatever I am doing.

The biggest challenge with most of my resolutions is that I do have to incorporate the BF into them. It’s hard enough to be accountable to yourself, but adding the BF into the equation is going to be really challenging. But as the old expression goes, “You’re never lead into anything you can’t handle” – I’ll keep you posted on this as we progress through 2009!

No comments: