Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Dr. Who scarf is finished!


Village Yarns lied to me.

The woman who helped me source and purchase the yarn for this project excitedly told me that it took her 2 weeks to knit it. 'Well,' I thought, 'I am not a fast knitter, but it shouldn't take me too long to finish this scarf'. HA!!!! I started the journey in early October 2007 and finally finished it at The Purple Purl on Friday, July 4, 2008.

There are 1029 rows and 61,740 stitches in the finished scarf. I had no idea just how much practice I would have at garter stitch - so much practice in fact, that I was temporarily crowned 'Garter Queen' by the SnB ladies. Elsie very kindly posed for the picture. And as she wove in all the ends for me, it seemed only fitting to give her my leftover yarn so that she can make her own scarf!

Noel (the BF) is delighted with his new scarf and can't wait to wear it. He's promised to guard it with his life - he knows that if he loses it, I'll lose my ----!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot, woot! Congrats on finishing "THE" scarf, Garder Queen!!!! I guess Noel is the only one ready for winter now... :-(
Vero ;-)

Anonymous said...

Good post.